Over 100 Years of History
- 1909 Witan is created to manage the estate of the first Lord Faringdon Alexander Henderson.
- 1924 Witan listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- 1932 Witan founds Henderson Administration (now Henderson Global Investors) to manage its funds.
- 1983 Henderson becomes a public Company.
- 1997 Witan’s remaining stake in Henderson is sold to AMP.
- 2004 Witan becomes self managed and appoints its first Chief Executive Officer. Witan adopts multi-manager.
- 2009 Witan celebrates its Centenary.
- 2010 Witan appoints its current CEO, Andrew Bell.