Witan is an Investment Trust which is listed on the London Stock Exchange and was founded in 1909.
To be the preferred choice for wealth creation, delivering long-term capital growth and a growing income to shareholders through investment in global equity markets.
Objectives and characteristics
- An independant multi-manager approach accessing the best available talent within the global marketplace.
- Diversified exposure both to developed and faster growing equity markets.
- A dividend growing in real terms, ahead of inflation.
- Selective use of gearing, alternative investment techniques and investment in other asset classes.
- Share buy-backs are employed to improve net asset value and reduce the level and volatility of the discount.
- Ensure competitive costs by strict control of expenses.