An Individual Savings Account, or ISA, is a tax efficient† savings plan that you can wrap around an investment and any capital gains that the investment realises become protected from the taxman. Although there are various types of ISA, the Witan Wisdom ISA is a stocks and shares ISA that enables you to make regular or lump sum investments in Witan Investment Trust and/or Witan Pacific Investment Trust.
Why consider a Witan Wisdom ISA?
- Investing via the Witan Wisdom ISA is the most tax-efficient way of investing that is available via Wisdom
- The maximum ISA allowance for 2017/18 is £20,000. You can split the amount you pay into an ISA between a Cash ISA, Stocks and Shares ISA, Innovative Finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA (for 18-40 year-olds with a maximum annual limit of £4,000) as long as the overall amount does not exceed the maximum ISA allowance
- The minimum regular subscription is £100 per month/quarter
- You can choose whether to have dividends paid out or reinvested to buy more shares
- The annual management fee for the Witan Wisdom ISA is £30.68 (+ VAT) per annum‡, irrespective of how many ISAs you hold or how many of the trusts you are invested in
- The dealing charge is £15 for lump sum investments but there are no dealing charges on regular savings or dividend reinvestment (other than the government stamp duty, currently 0.5% on all equity purchases)
- Witan Wisdom offers live online dealing and valuation functionality. We also offer telephone and postal dealing
- You can transfer an existing ISA to Witan Wisdom and invest in Witan Investment Trust and/or Witan Pacific Investment Trust without losing the tax benefits
Please see the Terms & Conditions for full details and it is your responsibility to seek investment advice before making an investment decision.
†The above is based on Witan Investment Services Limited's understanding of Revenue law and practice as at April 2017. Please note that tax assumptions may change if the law changes, and the value of tax relief (if any) will depend upon your individual circumstances. Investors should consult their own tax advisers in order to understand any applicable tax consequences. Witan does not provide tax advice.
‡The annual management fee increases in line with inflation (UK Consumer Price Index) every 3 years compounded. In accordance with this policy, there will be an adjustment in line with inflation in 2017-2019 applied to the Annual Management Fee with effect from 6 April 2020 and every 3 years thereafter.
* The holiday is provided by Brightwater Holidays on behalf of the Royal Horticultural Society. The holiday is currently confirmed as a 4 day tour of the Private Gardens of East Anglia for two adults (subject to the competition terms and conditions), showcasing some of the finest gardens of the area, including dinner, bed and breakfast at Dunston Hall, Norfolk. All aspects of the holiday, including location and duration, may be subject to change. The winner will be selected at random once the competition is closed on 3rd September 2017.
**Subject to availability, up to 200 seed packs distributed to the first 200 registrants each month during June, July and August 2017. 1 packet per entry and packets will be sent via post to the address specified in the entry. By submitting your email address and entering this competition, you agree to receive occasional email marketing communications from Witan Investment Services Limited. Your details are securely stored and will never be passed to a third party for the purposes of communicating with you directly. You can unsubscribe at any time by writing to [email protected] Please see the terms and conditions for more details.